Originally from Ardmore, Oklahoma. Dr. Blake Parsons attended medical school at the University of North Texas Health Sciences Center in Fort Worth, TX. He completed his Residency at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City, OK and his Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, WI.
- In my practice my patients come first. I put a strong emphasis on patient education, offering clear explanations of my treatment plan, expected outcome, what patients should expect to experience as well as alternate treatments.
- I like to learn about who my patients are as a person, not just a disease. I like to hear the stories of their families and careers. I enjoy working with them to find the treatment plan that will work best for them as an individual because not all treatments are “one size fits all.” I feel that to provide the patient the best care possible you need to first know them as a person.
- I like the fact that Interventional radiology utilizes minimally-invasive guided procedures minimizing risk, pain and recovery time in comparison to open surgery. I like that this field is cutting edge, utilizing techniques that are technologically advanced and not yet used in many other specialties. I enjoy the ability to utilize imaging as a tool to perform procedures and the ability to perform often lifesaving interventions without making an incision. The field of medicine is constantly evolving and the future of IR holds new, exciting opportunities and possibilities.
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American College of Radiology
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association